All of us use types of equipment for our daily exercises, such as gloves and specialized clothes, to help us get the best out of our workout. But the uglier side of this practice is that you have to wash them regularly; after all, you sweat and grind in them every day. Washing them also protects you from the bacteria and germs accumulated in them.
Waist trainers are not exempt from this. In fact, since you use them on your abdominal area during workout sessions, you can only imagine the amount of sweat the poor thing has to face! This only means that you ought to wash it every other day. So, how do you wash them? This article will show you how to wash your trainers, particularly Sweet Sweat Waist Trainers.
Table of Content
- What You Shouldn’t Do
- Things You Need For Cleaning
- How To Clean Your Sweet Sweat Waist Trainer
- Final Words
What You Shouldn’t Do
Before we get into the process of washing waist trainers, let’s talk about what you shouldn’t do when you’re washing waist trainers.
Don’t Ever Put In A Washing Machine
Even if you’re feeling particularly lazy, don’t wash your waist trainers in a washing machine. Washing machines will ruin them as they are made of neoprene, a type of rubber. Neoprene is known to be brittle, and washing machines will stretch the rubber too hard, causing the waist trainer to go bad.
Check the blog post: best shapewear for plus-size women.
Don’t Ever Iron It
This is supposed to be common sense, but many people can still make mistakes. Waist trainers are made of rubber and other materials, so if you iron them, they will melt.
Don’t Put It In Dryers
After you wash your waist trainers, don’t put them in dryers to dry them. Don’t hang them out in the sun either; they will lose color. Using dryers will damage the trainers as the rubber will stretch during the process. Instead, use towels to dry them, or you can air-dry them as well.
Don’t Use Chemicals To Clean
Chemicals are strong substances, and using them to clean rubber materials like neoprene which most top waist trainers are made of, will damage them irreparably. This goes for other products like cleaning solutions and hard detergents. Mild products like body wash and body soap are the way to go.
Does it answer how to wash sweet sweat waist trainers?
Things You Need For Cleaning
So now that you know what you shouldn’t do to wash waist trainers, these are what you would need to clean them.
Read this blog post: best waist cincher for weight loss.
- Water. You can use a bucket or a big bowl to use as the carrier.
- Towels will be needed, preferably three. You can use one to clean and the other two to thoroughly dry the trainer.
- You will also need a cleaning agent of sorts. Using body soap is the best way to go.
- Lastly, you will need a hanger for hanging the trainer for drying.
How To Clean Your Sweet Sweat Waist Trainer
This is the meat and potatoes of the article, the most important part! Read carefully to understand the process and avoid any damage to your trainer.
- Take the bucket or bowl and fill it up with water. Lukewarm water is recommended as warm water helps in the easy removal of any kind of dirt.
- As mentioned before, don’t use any hard detergents. Use body soap or something similar and mix it into the water.
- Take one of the dry towels, and put it into the soapy water till it is soft and wet.
- With the wet towel, open up the trainer on a flat area and lather it in one direction for the two sides. Simply do this repeatedly until you feel the trainer is clean.
- After you’re done cleaning the trainer, dip the trainer in clean water to give it one final wash to leave behind any soapy water. Now take one of the dry towels to start drying it. If the towel becomes too wet and the trainer is still wet, you can use the other towel to continue the process till it is dry. As mentioned before, don’t dry it in the sun or by using dryers.
- The final step is to just hang the trainer out to air-dry. Remember to keep it away from sunlight.
More info in the post: best mens waist trainers.
Can i put my sweet sweat in the washer?
No, you should not put your Sweet Sweat Waist Trimmer in the washer. Instead, use a damp cloth to wipe it down. To keep your Waist Trimmer clean and free of bacteria, sweat, and dirt, you should wash it every week.
This is the entire process of how to clean Sweet Sweat trainer. The important thing here is that you shouldn’t be washing your trainers any other way other than the steps written here.
What about using a Washing Machine?
Waist trainers are made of delicate material. Therefore, washing them in machines will have higher chances of breaking them. The hooks and clasps can easily tangle and rip off the material. Moreover, it can also damage the inner flexible steel bones and tear the fabric. However, if you are still adamant about washing them in a machine, follow the below steps.
- Place your waist trainer inside a lingerie bag before you start the washing cycle.
- Wash it gently with cold water.
- Do not use a dryer; instead, put it on the line for air drying. It may shrink the material. Let the Waist Trimmer air dry. Hang it outdoor, so the water does not drip inside the house. Also, do not iron the material because it may destroy the material.
How to remove stains from waist trainers?
You may use a soft sponge or damp cloth to spot clean the trainer, but you can also use a soft-bristle toothbrush to remove tough stains. Apply soap to the toothbrush and gently rub the undergarment to remove the stubborn stains. Ensure you do not wry the trainer; otherwise, it may damage the fabric or wires.
How frequently should you wash your waist trainer?
It depends on how often you are waist training. If you wear the waits trainer regularly, the material is soaking sweat every day. Therefore, it is advisable to wash the Waist Trimmer at least thrice a week. However, if you are wearing a cotton tank top or t-shirt under your waist trainer, your skin will not be irritated, and the trainer will not absorb excessive sweat and dirt. Therefore, you can wash your waist trainer once or twice a week.
Washing your Sweet Sweat Waist Trainer is essential to keep it clean and maintain its quality. To wash it, you can use mild soap and cold water and gently scrub the trainer using a soft-bristled brush. Avoid using bleach or fabric softener and do not machine wash or dry. Instead, let the waist trainer air dry completely before using it again. By following these steps, you can ensure that your Sweet Sweat Waist Trainer lasts longer and stays in good condition.