Are you having a hard time getting rid of all that extra belly fat on your tummy and sides? Don’t you worry. It’s not just you – many women are fighting this battle! Whatever your problem areas are, having a slimmer, more chiseled body would definitely give a massive boost to your confidence and the way you feel about yourself.
The good news is that you don’t have to spend hours at a gym sweating your guts out or limit yourself with a strict diet for weight loss. The best way how to slim your waist is by wearing the right shapewear. With this garment, you can instantly achieve your goal and also sustain it over time because of its long-lasting effects.
But the thing is waist training isn’t supposed to and shouldn’t be a waist-slimming method in and on itself. Only when used in combination with a healthy diet and regular exercising can it be effective.
This is exactly what we’ll talk about in this article: methods to get a slim waist that you can combine your waist training with.
Table of Content
- Get rid of belly fat without working out: healthy eating habits
- What methods won’t help make your waist smaller?
- Reasons why you might have a hard time slimming your waist
- Exercises to get a slimmer waist
Get rid of belly fat without working out: healthy eating habits
Your belly fat is a type of fatty tissue that lives on top of your liver and underneath the mammary glands in women, or beneath men’s skin elsewhere.
1. Eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day
Fruits and vegetables have a lot of health benefits that help us lose weight. They improve metabolism, help burn body fat and reduce bloating. In addition, they contain few calories, which makes them almost the perfect food for those who want to have a slim figure. So don’t be lazy and eat 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day every day. Does that sound shocking to you? You can’t eat that many fruits and vegetables? Don’t worry; there are lots of ways to incorporate them into your meals. Use them in soups, make smoothies or light desserts with them. By the way, there’s an added bonus: after eating all the fruits and vegetables, you will have more energy to work out at the gym.
2. Avoid dehydration
It’s very important to drink enough water each day. Start the morning with a glass of hot water with lemon juice, drink 5-6 glasses of clean water during the day, and end the day with another glass of hot water with lemon. It is important for weight loss purposes that you drink plenty, but make sure it’s water and not juice or other drinks with added sugars!
Instead of regular water, you can also drink at least 3 glasses of water with lemon during the day. Such a drink is healthier than tea or coffee. It helps speed up your metabolism and burn more calories, not to mention how good it is for your skin and overall health.
3. Don’t eat meat
Want to have a thin waistline all year long? Become a pescatarian! However, if you are a big fan of meat, this step to a narrow waistline may be the hardest. The word pescatarians is formed from a combination of Italian “Pesce” (fish) and English “vegetarian” (eating vegetables). Pescatarians are people who don’t eat meat but do eat fish and dairy products (hence they get healthy fats).
In that case, you just need to make sure that you add enough greens to fish to increase your metabolism and help your body to weight loss. Of course, if you stick to pescatarianism, you will have to give up all kinds of meat, sausages, bacon, etc. But such a diet will help you look slimmer and feel healthier.
4. Fall in love with yogurt
If a thin waistline is at stake, then yogurt is the best snack for you. But at the same time, we are by no means talking about fruit yogurts from the store. They contain added sugar and artificial sweeteners in large quantities, so they are not a good company in your journey to losing weight. If anything, they’ll help you gain it. A lot.
Your favorite yogurt should be a plain product, without fruit additives, like Greek yogurt. You can also make yogurt at home. At least this way you’ll definitely be sure what it’s made of.
Set a goal to eat a cup of yogurt a day, and you’ll be surprised at the results. But the process of gaining a thin waistline doesn’t have to be boring! So you can afford fruit yogurt too – but again, only homemade. Mix any sliced fruit with yogurt and enjoy a new flavor every day while losing unwanted pounds.
5. Add calorie-burning foods to your diet
There are certain foods that will help your body burn a ton of calories every day. Needless to say, you should not eat only and exclusively these foods. But including them intelligently in your diet throughout the day will help you improve your weight loss rate and get a slim waist faster. Such foods include grapefruit, celery, green tea, salmon (and other fish containing omega-3 fatty acids), coffee, avocados, and others.
6. Include complex carbs in your diet
Many diets make the same mistake over and over again: eliminate carbohydrates altogether. But not all carbs are a threat to your waistline. There are some that can help you keep your weight in check. Make sure that you consume slow-digesting carbohydrates, which will help you feel fuller faster and longer. Choose whole grains and brown rice to get a slim waist in less than a month.
7. Eat fish regularly
Fish has already been mentioned earlier. But it’s such a valuable product that there should be a separate rule dedicated to it. So, make sure you eat fish! Eating oily fish regularly helps improve calorie burning, improves brain function, cleanses your skin, and is good for your eyes and the rest of your health. If you don’t know which fish to choose, buying salmon is a great option. When cooking fish, don’t pour vegetable oils into the dish – better use a drop of olive oil, or do without any oil at all. Fish contains protein, which is important for building and repairing tissues to help retain lean body mass.
These rules will help you lose weight faster than you think you can without feeling like you’re cutting back on your diet (except for meat, of course). Want to achieve even more? Do a small set of simple exercises every day, and get enough sleep every night. And if you’re ready to go even further, give your body the best gift of all – try to reduce your stress levels. High stress levels can lead to weight gain, while a positive attitude helps you achieve any goal of weight loss in a relatively short period of time.
What methods won’t help make your waist smaller?
- Body wraps and massages. These won’t help you reduce your waistline. They are useless activities that have no effect on the fat-burning process, so you shouldn’t waste your time on them. It’s better to take 30 minutes to walk if you want to speed up the process of fat burning.
- Hula hoop. Contrary to popular misconception, a hula hoop isn’t particularly effective if you want to remove those love handles and reduce the waist. Of course, spinning a hoop is better than doing nothing and lying on the couch. But if you have some time for sports, it’s better to do a quality cardio workout than to spin a hoop.
- Special diets for reducing the waistline. There are no special diets, magic foods, or drinks for reducing the waistline. If you’ve read about some unique combination of products that totally can reduce your waistline, you can be quite sure it’s not true.
- Special exercises for reducing the waistline. There are no such exercises. There are workout routines that help to work the oblique abdominal muscles and strengthen the core. And there are cardio exercises that help accelerate body fat burning. Combined, they can give you the results you want. But it doesn’t work if all you do are a bunch of bends and twists for a week.
Reasons why you might have a hard time slimming your waist
Sometimes, even proper nutrition and regular exercising might not help reduce your waistline. Why does this happen? Let’s look at all the possible reasons why you can’t shrink your waistline.
- Your body type is rectangle. With this body type, there is either no waist at all or it’s barely defined. It’s determined by genetic factors and practically impossible to change. The most pronounced waistline is in “hourglass” and “pear” body types. The less fortunate are the “apple” and the “triangle” types.
- You are not following a dietary plan. Even regular exercise won’t help you to use up your subcutaneous fat reserves. The process of burning belly fat occurs only when you are in a caloric deficit, when you eat less than your body is able to process into energy. All unspent calories are deposited in fat, which hides your waistline.
- You have rectus abdominis diastasis, which often happens after childbirth. As a result, the waist area may “float” a little. For diastasis, it’s useful to practice the vacuum exercise, which helps to eliminate the divergence of the muscles.
- The reason may be the peculiarity of the shape of the chest, which makes the waist a little voluminous. Regular exercise and proper nutrition will improve your body composition, but there’s no guarantee that your waist will end up slim.
- You are paying a lot of attention to the oblique abdominal muscles. In general, planks, twists, bends, turns without weights won’t have a negative impact on your waist and won’t make your muscles bigger (unless you do these workouts every day for hours). But bending and twisting with dumbbells and barbells can tone your muscles and give volume to your waist.
- You are doing strength training with heavy weights. Even if you aren’t doing exercises specifically for the oblique abdominal muscles, they are involved in many strength training exercises for the arms, back, legs, and glutes. Regular strength training makes your body look athletic and trim, but your waistline can suffer.
Everyone has their own special unique body shape. And there are no people who are 100 percent happy with their bodies. If you can’t naturally have a narrow waist, it’s no big deal. To improve the silhouette and obtain the feminine hourglass shape, you can work on the muscles of the shoulders, hips, and buttocks. This will help improve your overall body composition.
Exercises to get a slimmer waist
Another fairly important part of the plan to a slim waist easily is exercise. It’s with its help you can get rid of the hated love handles, tighten your stomach, straighten your posture. The result will be obvious: a slim waist. And there’s no need to go to the gym or waste money on expensive slimming techniques. Just half an hour of work every day at home at any convenient time. The first results will be noticeable in three to four weeks of training.
The best way to lose belly fat is with high intensity interval training (HIIT). The evidence has found that this form of workout can specifically blast away any unwanted weight from your midsection.
Japanese actor Mieke Ryosuke was able to reduce his waist by almost 5 inches in a few weeks by doing just one exercise, which (surprise!) his doctor actually recommended to him for back pain. By devoting just 2-5 minutes a day to these exercises, you’ll strengthen your core muscles and speed up your metabolism.
- Stand up straight and put one leg slightly forward and the other leg back.
- Tense your glutes and transfer your weight to your back leg.
- Take a long 3-second breath while slowly raising your arms above your head.
- Then forcefully exhale for 7 seconds while tensing every muscle in your body.
Step 1: Skipping rope
When you start exercising with a skipping rope, your muscles tense up and your metabolism speeds up. As a result of consistent training, you lose weight and at the same time, the waist becomes much smaller.
For the skipping rope workouts, follow this schedule: 45 seconds of very fast and intense jumping, 15-second rest, 45 seconds moderate jumping, another 15-second rest, 45 seconds at a slower pace, and another 15-second rest. This is just one round; make several approaches.
Step 2: Obliques
This is the exercise aimed at strengthening the oblique abdominal muscles. A beautiful chiseled waist depends entirely on your ability to follow every step, not excluding this one. To start, lie on your back, hands palms down, legs bent and slightly raised. Twist to the right, making your knees touch the floor, then to the left. Do 20 times for both sides.
Step 3: Planking
With the help of this exercise, you strengthen the deep abdominal muscles. After a short while, you’ll notice your sculptured abs.
When planking your entire body must be tense. Lean exclusively on your toes, palms, stretch your body horizontally in a straight line. Try to stay in one position for about a minute, to begin with, with each go you can increase the time, taking into account only your strength. Do 3 to 4 approaches.
Step 4: Pumping
This is the exercise that will help make your waist thinner. It’s also worth doing after childbirth, it will remove the extra inches. Affecting the transverse abdominal muscles, the Pump exercise holds all internal organs in place and plays the role of a natural corset.
To perform it correctly, you need to lean slightly forward and at the same time rest your palms on your knees. Take a breath, and sharply exhale all the air that was in your lungs, hold your breath. Retract your abdomen all the way to your spine, as far as you can. Hold your breath for 15 seconds, beginning to increase the time with each approach.
Step 5: Lying down on the floor
Lie on the floor and do a small set of exercises. Stretch out to the sides, keeping your back straight and your legs bent, with one arm behind your head and one shoulder off the floor and the opposite arm starting to reach for your heel. Alternate sides.
Next, straighten your legs, with your bent arms on the floor, turn your head to one side and feet to the opposite side, with your torso immobile. Now you need to do the same thing, but cross your legs, alternately performing turns. And lastly, legs bent again, start lowering your knees to one side, head to the opposite side, and vice versa, trying to lower them as much as possible.
Now you know some of the secrets about how to slim your back and waist at home, fast and easy. Combine the tips above with consistent waist training – and you’ll get a slim, defined waist pretty soon.
Don’t give in to temptations. There are all kinds of “miraculous” diets that promise quick weight loss results. But in fact, what they will do is make you bounce back with double force. It’s better to eat healthier, go swimming, learn breathing exercises than torture yourself with dieting. This way you’ll get the slim waist you’ve been dreaming of.
And don’t stop as soon as you reach your goal. Continue with healthy nutrition, waist training, and regular exercising.